In this section
The Digital Preservation Coalition (DPC) is an advocate and catalyst for digital preservation, enabling our members to deliver resilient long-term access to content and services, and helping them derive enduring value from digital collections. We raise awareness of the importance of the preservation of digital material and the attendant strategic, cultural and technological issues. We are a not-for-profit membership organisation and we support our members through knowledge exchange, capacity building, assurance, advocacy and partnership. Our vision is to make our digital memory accessible tomorrow.
We concentrate our activities on the following five strategic themes:
- Workforce development and capacity building
- Knowledge exchange
- Developing assurance and practice
- Partnership and sustainability
In everything we do the DPC shall:
- Operate as a neutral body.
- Embrace a consultative, innovative and open approach.
- Engage in a collaborative manner with all stakeholders to comprehend and respond to their needs.
- Maintain sound stewardship of the Coalition’s resources.
- Share best practice and enable knowledge transfer with our members to support their local priorities.
- Maintain vendor neutrality.
- Support developments of standards and generic approaches to digital preservation.
- Respond to the needs of members in the delivery of services.
- Be authoritative, current and concise in all our publications and communications.
For more details see
Invitation to join the 4C workshop: “What does it cost? – EU to Assess the Cost of Digital Curation”
12 Jun 2013 | 13:31pm
12 Jun 2013 | 9:03am
Member Registration Open for 'Preserving CAD' Event - IMechE, One Birdcage Walk, London - 26th July 2013
11 Jun 2013 | 13:42pm
8 Jun 2013 | 12:05am
3 Jun 2013 | 11:35am
DPC on Twitter
- New web-archiving report tackles 'moving target' of preserving digital memory
- Vacancy at National Library of Scotland: Digital Preservation Officer
- Vacancies at King's College London: 'Knowledge Transfer and Sustainability Manager', and 'Community of Practice Co-ordinator'
- PREMIS and METS: (almost) everything you wanted to know about Preservation Metadata
- Vacancy at The National Archives: Development Lead for Digital Records Infrastructure