In this section
Monday, 12 September 2011 09:30
New Zealand seeks to appoint three senior advisors in Digital Continuity
1 x Permanent, 1 x Fixed Term parental leave cover until 1 September 2012, 1 x Fixed Term until 26 October 2012
- Interested in playing a key role in a major new government digital archive?
- Leading edge professional and technology position
- Great career opportunity
Archives New Zealand is developing and implementing a full-scale government digital archive, working closely with the National Library of New Zealand within the Department of Internal Affairs. It is looking for three Senior Advisors to join this exciting work in the Government Digital Archive Programme (GDAP) at Archives New Zealand.These are forward-looking positions, where a high knowledge of current and evolving approaches and trends is valued. These positions are expected to develop new operational policies and business processes for working with digital archives, lead change across Archives New Zealand and the wider public sector, and research, test and implement solutions for digital preservation in line with accepted best practice and international standards. They will operate at a senior level and manage projects and relationships.
The successful candidates will have:
- The ability to understand business strategies, functions and information needs and translate them into business and systems requirements, policies and standards
- Strong knowledge of digital information management and/or digital preservation practice and theory
- Proven experience with information analysis methods and metadata structures and definition
- Ability to engage with stakeholders and lead business change
- Project management experience
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively
- A flexible and adaptable attitude to an evolving work environment