In this section
From time to time the DPC commissions and publishes research-based analyses of the sector and its needs. These reports form a knowledge base for our advocacy they help guide our strategic planning. A number of our key reports are listed below in date order with a short precis. Follow the links for more detail.
- Kilbride, W, Cirinnà, C, and McMeekin S (2013) Training in Digital Preservation: what we’ve learned and what we’re going to do about it, in Cultural Heritage on line: Trusted Digital Repositories & Trusted Professionals, Fondazione Rinascimento Digitale http://nbn.depositolegale.it/urn:nbn:it:frd-9489 - online at: http://www.rinascimento-digitale.it/conference2012/paper_ic_2012/kilbride_paper.pdf
- Cirinnà, C, Kilbride, W, and McMeekin S (2012) Report on Survey of Training Material/Assessment of Digital Curation Requirements, APARSEN Project, online at: http://dx.doi.org/10.7207/op12-01
- Local Government Study (2009): a survey of local government archivists in the UK and their needs in order to deal with the long term management of digital records.
- Mind the Gap (2006): a major national assessment of the UK's digital preservation needs.
The DPC also benefits from research and analysis undertaken by partners and colleagues internationally. Some are listed here in date order.
- Sinclair, P 2010 The Digital Divide: Assessing Institutions Preparations for Digital Preservation, Planets White Paper online at: http://www.planets-project.eu/docs/reports/planets-market-survey-white-paper.pdf (last visited 13/05/10)
- Angevaare, I, 2009 A Future for Our Digital Memory: Permanent Access to Information in the Netherlands (Interim Report, English Summary), NCDD, The Hague online at: http://www.ncdd.nl/en/documents/Englishsummary.pdf last access 22/10/09
- van der Hoeven, J 2009 First Insights into Digital Preservation of Research Output in Europe, PARSE.Insight, online at: http://www.parse-insight.eu/downloads/PARSE-Insight_D3-5_InterimInsightReport_final.pdf last access 23/10/09