In this section
From time to time the DPC commissions and publishes research-based analyses of the sector and its needs. These reports form a knowledge base for our advocacy they help guide our strategic planning. A number of our key reports are listed below in date order with a short precis. Follow the links for more detail.
- JISC Digisation Preservation Project (published April 2010): a study of the sixteen publicly funded digitisation projects and their long term planning for access after their project funding had stopped.
- Local Government Study (2009): a survey of local government archivists in the UK and their needs in order to deal with the long term management of digital records.
- Mind the Gap (2006): a major national assessment of the UK's digital preservation needs.
The DPC also benefits from research and analysis undertaken by partners and colleagues internationally. Some are listed here in date order.
- Sinclair, P 2010 The Digital Divide: Assessing Institutions Preparations for Digital Preservation, Planets White Paper online at: http://www.planets-project.eu/docs/reports/planets-market-survey-white-paper.pdf (last visited 13/05/10)
- Angevaare, I, 2009 A Future for Our Digital Memory: Permanent Access to Information in the Netherlands (Interim Report, English Summary), NCDD, The Hague online at: http://www.ncdd.nl/en/documents/Englishsummary.pdf last access 22/10/09
- van der Hoeven, J 2009 First Insights into Digital Preservation of Research Output in Europe, PARSE.Insight, online at: http://www.parse-insight.eu/downloads/PARSE-Insight_D3-5_InterimInsightReport_final.pdf last access 23/10/09