In this section
The DPC seeks to lower the barriers to digital preservation, making long term access achievable for all. But it is hard to know where to start. Digital preservation is daunting enough: a decade or more of research has shown that long term access to data is achievable. The proliferation of projects tools and services has had the effect of putting digital preservation within reach but has also made it harder to know where to start. The DPC offers a generic advice service which tries to match advice to members' needs. The following links provide guidance to help you get started, work out who is doing what, and provide a more sustained introduction to specific technical and organisational challenges.
- Preservation Handbook is intended as a simple but comprehensive guide to Digital Preservation planning for all kinds of projects and institutions.
- Technology Watch Reports are commissioned by DPC from leading developers and are intended to provide an advanced introduction for those looking at specific issues of preservation and access
- What's New in Digital Preservation provides a short, frequently updated digest of new events, projects and services as they emerge.
- The DPC Annual Reports provide an annual overview of the DPC community. They are a guide to what a large cross section of institutions are doing to ensure continuing access.
- Case notes in digital preservation - from April 2010
- Occasional papers - from time to time the DPC commissions or publishes papers on specific topics which provide an advanced reconnaissance to those engaged in digital preservation.
Invitation to join the 4C workshop: “What does it cost? – EU to Assess the Cost of Digital Curation”
12 Jun 2013 | 13:31pm
12 Jun 2013 | 9:03am
Member Registration Open for 'Preserving CAD' Event - IMechE, One Birdcage Walk, London - 26th July 2013
11 Jun 2013 | 13:42pm
8 Jun 2013 | 12:05am
3 Jun 2013 | 11:35am
DPC on Twitter
- New web-archiving report tackles 'moving target' of preserving digital memory
- Vacancy at National Library of Scotland: Digital Preservation Officer
- Vacancies at King's College London: 'Knowledge Transfer and Sustainability Manager', and 'Community of Practice Co-ordinator'
- PREMIS and METS: (almost) everything you wanted to know about Preservation Metadata
- Vacancy at The National Archives: Development Lead for Digital Records Infrastructure